Covering University of Colorado sports, mostly basketball, since 2010

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quick Post: EDSBS knocks the history of the Big XII out the damn park

Read this.  It's the Big XII in Behind the Music form.  Read it now. [hilarity ensues]

Money quote about 62-36:

"Nebraska: I didn't know how hard it was going to be to keep it together. I mean, I was okay for a while, but that night in Boulder, man, I didn't even know how hard the drugs were hitting me until it was too late.

Kansas State: I couldn't believe it. He just looked out on his feet, dazed. He was always a little out of control, you know? But that night he peed into his amp and nearly killed himself, and that was before Colorado decided to kick his ass on the bus.

Colorado: Again, I don't remember a lot of this. I'm trying to come to all of this from a place of peace now. It's been a rough decade for both of us. I don't judge him. I hope he doesn't judge me.

Nebraska: I deserved it. It was steroids, barfighting, booze, the Solich. I lost count of everything."

EDSBS is doing God's work.

2 comments:

Aaron Jordan said...

Best 2 lines from the article:

"Colorado: I'm in this jam band now. Way more chill. Way more my style. I never was very good on the road, so I'm just trying to keep it simple, take care of the home front now, work myself back up to touring."

and

"Kansas: Wait, wait: I was in a band?"

Eric said...

I thought this was the best part:

Nebraska: I deserved it. It was steroids, barfighting, booze, the Solich. I lost count of everything.

Oklahoma: I don't even remember when he started using Callahan. All I know is that I've never seen any drug like that. It didn't even look fun.

Nebraska: Callahan. Yeah, don't ever do a drug you find in Oakland. Ever.