Covering University of Colorado sports, mostly basketball, since 2010

Friday, July 1, 2011

Quick Post: Happy Pac-12 Day!

Oh, hello July.  I see you bring with you warm sunshine and t-shirts with a cool new logo on them.  Yes I would like to buy one for $19.95.  What an enticing offer!

I'm so glad this day has come.  While the move to the Pac-12 has been fait acompli for over a year now, it's all finally official.  We're on the conference website and everything!  Everyone in Buff nation is over-flowing with giddiness over our new athletic surroundings.  Case in point: both the City of Boulder and the State of Colorado have declared today to be Pac-12 Day.

I'm hoping to use this as a crutch to get out of work, as if moving to the new conference was some sort of religious experience.  (On most forms I do list my official religion as "Buff Fan") If not, I guess celebrations will have to wait until 5pm when I sprint up to The Hill to buy some new CU/Pac-12 gear.

While I'm running out to celebrate leaving the Big XII, I'd like to take this opportunity to say a few final words to our former conference affiliates through the cinematic brilliance of Half-Baked:


(In case you were wondering, the old lady would be Iowa State; never really had anything against those guys)

Happy Friday!  Go America, and Go Buffs!

No comments: